Whilst each hostel is set up differently they all have experienced staff and house keepers that live on site. Like many NZ hostels our staff are on working holiday visas, generally staying a month or more before they move onto another part of NZ. Some of our front desk staff also live in the hostel, they will have the phone in the evenings in case of an emergency, they are all trained on fire drills and we have a strict health and safety plan.
If you are a group that we will be seeing on a regular basis you will have a contract and our payment and cancellation terms are unique to each group.
For all one off bookings please note our NZ Group Accommodation cancellations terms;
We require a deposit of 50% immediately, to secure and hold your rooms. Group numbers must be finalised at least 21 working days prior to arrival. The balance owing must be paid no later than 21 working days prior to arrival, further booking changes may incur a fee.
- Cancellations. No refunds will apply to cancellations received within 21 days prior of arrival. A full refund will be made if the group is cancelled 30 days prior to arrival. If the group cancels between 30 and 21 days of arrival 80% of the booking will be refunded.
- Smoking is NOT permitted including E cigarettes in the hotel. Rooms may be fitted with monitored smoke detectors, which may sound an alarm if any smoke is present. Where smoking has been detected within the premises, an additional charge of $100 will be made to cover the additional cleaning of furnishings, carpets, bedcovers etc. Where an alarm or detector is triggered or tampered with an additional charge of $1,000 will be made. You agree to indemnify NZ Group Accommodation in respect of any such amount claimed.
- Security. NZ Group Accommodation will implement careful procedures around its premises but will take no responsibility for your property. All valuables such as travel documents, keys, credit cards and personal property are the sole responsibility of the individual lodgers.
- Injury and harm your stay is at your own risk and you agree that to the fullest extent permitted by New Zealand law NZ Group Accommodation may disclaim any or all liability in the event of any injury, harm, loss or death.
- Damages or Theft. The person(s) registering as the guest(s) will be liable for any loss or damage to appliances, furniture, keys, fixtures & all fittings of the hostel. NZ Group Accommodation will not be responsible for, or liable to compensate for the loss, theft or damage of personal property on, or brought into the hostel building. Where guests sign for and on behalf of a business or authority, and in the event that the business or authority is unable to or refuses to pay any amount due, the Guest(s) shall be liable to pay on demand any amount owing by the business or authority under this agreement.
- Extra Cleaning Charges. Excess mess (for example smoking, spilled alcohol, being sick in rooms) that require extra cleaning will incur additional cleaning charges which will be automatically charged.
- Law and Jurisdiction you agree that these terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all matters relating to.